WW2 German Star of the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross
First awarded in 1815 to Field Marshal von Blücher and was therefore known as the Blücherstern, or Blücher’s Star. It was awarded a second time to Paul von Hindenburg in 1914 along with the first Iron Cross, and were produced on a limited basis as this was a very high level award. Although a few of the 1939 model were produced by Rath Jewelers in Munich, none were ever awarded. Only one example is known today and it is on display at West Point after being returned by the US Army after WWII.
Condition as pictured.