WW1 Canada Canadian 74th Overseas Battalion
Maker marked P.W.Ellis and Co. 1915
Both lugs present, but one has has a repair
Condition as pictured
The Battalion was raised in the counties of Peel and York, Ontario under the authority of G.O. 103A, August 15, 1915. The mobilization headquarters was at Camp Niagara, Ontario. The Battalion sailed March 29, 1916 with a strength of 34 officers and 1,046 other ranks under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel J.M. McCausland. In England, the Battalion was absorbed into the 50th, 51st, 52nd Infantry Battalions and the 2nd Mounted Rifles Battalion. It was disbanded September 15, 1920.