Original WW2 German Krim Arm Shield badge, with original backing.
Condition as pictured.
The Crimean Campaign shield was instituted on July 25TH 1942, as the third official campaign shield for award to all Wehrmacht personnel who had been engaged in combat, were wounded or served three months in the Crimean peninsula campaign between September 21ST 1941 and July 21ST 1942. The shields were bestowed to eligible personnel by the area commander Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein and were to be worn on the upper left sleeve of the uniform. The color of the backing material was to match that of the uniform it was to be worn on. The shields were only issued in bronze although Hitler awarded Generalfeldmarschall von Manstein with a gilt version of the shield and another gilt shield was awarded to Romanian Marshal Ion Victor Antonescu.